Saturday, December 4, 2010

Always good vibes at the Bob Marley Museum

For a person like myself who doesn't love the club scene ( I never have...it's nothing against Jamaica) I've found the perfect alternative for a Friday night in Kingston with no plans.  Where, you ask?  The Bob Marley Museum.  Yes, it does sound a little weird to spend your Friday night at a museum, but trust that it's not strange at all.  Since I've been here I've been to several really great events/functions at the Museum.  Usually there's live music and 9 times out of 10 it's an event fulldorsed by the Rasta community so I never cease to meet good people, many of whom are able to assist in my research here.

Last night at the Museum a concert to commemorate Emperor Haile Selassie I's and Empress Menen's coronation was held.  All proceeds were to be given to the Haile Selassie High School in Kingston.  I'm not even sure who was slated to perform.  However, I was definitely happy I went as Sizzla made a seemingly unexpected performance.  Aside from the massive egos clearly onstage as he- and his entourage- performed he gave a really good, high-energy performance.  In a Jamaican's words he 'mashed up di place.'

Now, for a few photos I took at the event...
Sizzla
Reggae artist, Protoje and I

No comments:

Post a Comment